There are a number of upcoming programs related to our current exhibit,
on view Wednesdays and Saturdays, 10am – 4pm.
Museum admission is always free, and your financial support is greatly appreciated. All programs below are free, unless otherwise noted.
- Saturday, August 2, Family Fun Day, 10am – 1pm, Rain or Shine, see link for admission prices
- Monday, August 4, The Science of Steampunk with Professor Scott Calvin, 6:00pm
- Saturday, September 6, Bartitsu: The Lost and Found Scientific Self-Defense of Sherlock Holmes with Professor Mark P. Donnelly, 2:00pm
- Saturday, September 20, The Wandering Cellist, 2:00pm
- Sunday, September 28, The 11th Annual Grand Victorian Tea, 3:00pm, featuring Chris Cason and Jeff Mach, see link for ticket information
Presented in collaboration with Jeff Mach Events
And opening October 2014
Around the World in 80 Days
The exhibit is based on the Jules Verne novel of the same name and Elizabeth Cochrane’s actual trip around the world in 72 days (which she wrote under the name Nellie Bly). We will focus on the journey, showcasing the different countries visited, methods of transportation, etc. The exhibit will feature dolls from around the world, clothing, period typewriters, and postcards, allowing visitors to travel along with Verne’s protagonist and Cochrane as they walk through the exhibit.